- 2 cups lemon balm leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses (preferably dark)
- 1/4-1/2 cup good quality olive oil
1. Put all the ingredients (except the olive oil) in the blender. With the machine turned on, slowly pour the olive oil into the blender until desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Best when made at least 1 hour before serving, as flavors need time to meld. Serves 2-4 people.
A delicious marinade for grilled chicken or shrimp, that can also be used as a salad dressing.